All your SEO needs.
What is SEO?
SEO is an initialism that stands for ‘Search Engine Optimisation’.
When you type something into Google, Bing or other search engines and hit ‘Search’, you’ll see a web page known as a Search Engine Result Page (SERP).
At the top of the page, there will probably be one or more results with ‘Ad’ next to the URL.
These are an example of search engine marketing (SEM), where the owners of the website have paid money to rank for that particular search term.
Below them, you can see organic results. These are websites that have obtained that position naturally.
How did they get there? By using SEO.
Google and other search engines rank websites organically based on over 200 different factors that include:
- Site speed
- Number of inbound, outbound and internal links
- Domain authority
- Site structure and security
- …and more
Of these, content and links are the most important, with site speed also playing a critical role.
Why Do You Need SEO?
With the availability of paid search results (known as pay-per-click or PPC results), it can be tempting to ignore SEO.
Our advice? Don’t. In 2020, SEO is more important than ever, and here’s why:
- Websites on the first page of Google receive 92% of all search traffic for that keyword.
- 78% of U.S. internet users research products/services online
- Google receives 94% of all organic traffic.
- 80% of users only focus on organic results.
- Organic search is the top way to drive traffic to your website.
- Organic search is roughly 5.66 times more effective than PPC.
- The top organic result for a keyword receives 31.7% of all clicks (the second organic result receives just 24.71%).
- The top three organic results draw 75.1% of all clicks.
- Only 0.78% of searchers click on a website on the second page of a given keyword.
To put it simply: if you want to get traffic to your website, SEO should be your top priority.
How Can We Help You?
We improve your SEO through a number of different methods:
In-depth keyword research
On-page SEO Title tags, keyword frequency, structure and more
Technical SEO Site speed and crawlability/indexability
Backlink building Other sites linking back to yours
Not sure what you need? Get in touch with us for an obligation-free chat.
Why Chevron Editing?
As a full-service marketing agency, we understand SEO needs a multi-disciplinary approach. A good SEO service uses skills from different niches, including marketing, copywriting and web development.
Simply plugging keywords into on-page copy does not count as SEO. Letting a developer with no copywriting skills run amok on your title tags is equally damaging – they might successfully optimise the page for search, but they’ll damage user experience and you’ll watch your conversion rates plummet.
Most importantly, we avoid black hat SEO techniques. These go against Google’s webmaster guidelines, and, if used, will result in your site being heavily penalised by Google.
More often than not, you’ll be wiped off the digital map when Google de-indexes your site. Black hat SEO techniques include:
- Keyword stuffing: where your chosen keyword recurs an unnatural number of times on your page. Yoast, one of the world’s top SEO plugins, recommends a keyword density of between 0.5% and 3%.
- Duplicate content: taking content from another site and re-posting it on your own.
- Link schemes: where you pay for backlinks with money, goods or services, where backlinks are not editorially placed or where you have an unnatural amount of reciprocal links.
Our Gold Coast SEO experts also understand the difference between verified SEO techniques and SEO myths, like these:
- Meta keywords are a ranking factor. All legitimate SEOs know that Google stopped paying attention to the meta keywords tag back in 2009.
- You’ll get results instantly (within a few weeks). SEO isn’t just digital marketing under a different name – we deal with Google and its many algorithms, not people. You may get some results quickly, depending on the difficulty of the keyword in question, but consistent, across-the-board, first-page rankings will take a few months to achieve.
- You can just ‘do’ SEO and leave it. SEO, like all marketing, isn’t something you can just complete and never touch again. Without constant keyword research, link building and optimisation, your website will quickly fall behind in the SERPs.
- AMP pages are just mobile-optimised pages. Contrary to what what some SEOs might tell you, a website that passes Google’s mobile-friendly test is not an AMP page. AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) are actually built using an open-source HTML framework which has separate SEO benefits. You can learn more about AMP here.
- You need exact keyword matches to rank. Google’s 2013 algorithm overhaul, Hummingbird, and its most recent update, BERT, have taken massive steps forward in understanding semantic keywords and better comprehending search queries. High-quality content with naturally occurring semantic keywords which address potential user queries is the best was to rank well.
Gold Coast SEO Pricing
Please note that we have a minimum project price of $50, regardless of how many hours we spend on it. All prices quoted in Australian dollars (AUD).